Sunday, May 23, 2010

It's time to Bead!



Beading has always been one of my favorite things to do. I enjoy making jewelry using a variety of beads but of course, being a stained glass artist, I tend to gravitate to glass beads. Although metal, stone and ceramic all make beautiful beads, there is something about the sparkling surface of glass that I love. Attraction to how glass beads look is not the only magnet that pulls to toward them, but there is also something special about the way they feel in your hand and against your body. I am posting a picture of a small beaded bag necklace that I have made. It is made of glass delica beads, a very consistently sized seed bead from Japan, glass crystals and small silver beads. It is really one of my favorite things I have made and having recently sold it, I thought I would share it with the world one last time. I will be teaching some beading classes at the studio and soon will add beads and findings so beaders may purchase supplies. The second photo captures some of my new favorite beads that will be offered at the studio. I can't wait to make something out of those fish beads.........Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment